San Diego Occupational Therapy is now offering feeding groups for children ages 12 months and up who have specialized feeding challenges.
- Limited food repertoire
- Eats less than 20 foods
- Difficulty with transition to textured foods
- Difficulty tolerating smells, tastes, or colors of foods
- Unable to tolerate new foods on plate
- Refuses entire categories of foods
- Behavior challenges or meltdowns at meals
- Failure to thrive or weight gain challenges
- Food allergies
- Low oral muscle tone or weak oral motor skills
- Reliance on gastrostomy tube
- History of reflux, dysphagia, or aspiration
This specialized feeding group will be tailored to each child’s specific need while encouraging peer interactions at mealtimes. The group will be family centered by increasing positive interactions at meals and improve overall food enjoyment for all!
CONTACT ME NOW TO SIGN UP!
Dr. Stephanie Drummond, OTD, OTR/L