Interactive Metronome is an evidence-based, engaging therapeutic modality that improves cognitive and motor skills. The design of the program ensures that patients recognize progress as it is occurring, increasing their motivation toward therapy and their ultimate recovery.
The patient attempts to match the rhythmic beat with repetitive motor actions. A patented auditory-visual guidance system provides immediate feedback measured in milliseconds, and a score is provided.
Over the course of the treatment, patients learn to:
• Focus and attend for longer periods of time
• Increase physical endurance and stamina
• Filter out internal and external distractions
• Improve ability to monitor mental and physical actions as they are occurring
• Progressively improve coordinated performance.
Such patients include:
• Sensory Integration Disorder
• Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
• Cerebral Vascular Accident (CVA)
• Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Cerebral Palsy
• Non-verbal Learning Disorder
• Balance Disorders